A launch event sharing the power of digital as a platform for the arts.
Creating a launch event that would generate publicity and share the power and potential of digital as a platform for the arts.
HackTheSpace Tate Modern
The Space is a ground breaking arts council England and BBC initiative to enable and promote digital creativity. For it’s launch, be-good designed and delivered the first ever overnight event in the imposing Turbine Hall of the Tate Modern.
The event embraced a ‘show, don’t tell’ strategy, hosting 140+ hackers who worked throughout the night, using data to create thought-provoking art; demonstrating the true value and purpose of The Space.
The audience comprised three distinct groups: press, public and dignitaries, whilst the participants included some of Hollywood’s greatest SFX specialists and direct involvement/backing artists, including Ai Weiwei and Olafur Eliasson.
The Space had to launch with seamless perfection in the gaze of press and public, throughout the 36 hour event.
be-good successfully united many stakeholders and contributors in the lead up to the event, and ensured that the original brief was fully answered: to communicate the value and purpose of The Space in a way that led to huge press and public interest.
- Smart Art: Hack the Space at Tate Modern The Guardian
- Turning data into works of art at Tate Modern Channel 4 News.
- Creative Economy Rises: Art Meets Hacking For Digital Innovation Forbes
- Creative online platform The Space launches to showcase digital art Tech City News
- Digital art project The Space opens with hackathon at Tate Modern The Drum
- Ai Weiwei backs digital arts site The BBC News Online
- Online arts project ‘The Space’ relaunches on mission to find ‘the Picasso of the digital age’ The Independent
be-good specialise in deconstructed live events that reflect your values and bring people together to contribute and do more than listen. The future of audience participation is a collaborative environment where people feel relaxed and empowered to be creative and solve problems together. This egalitarian approach removes barriers and delivers game changing results.